While sparing you the messy details, we'll just leave it at, I'm going through something right now that is testing me to the point that I've never been tested before and I'm having a hard time keeping my head above water so as not to drown.
So during Relief Society today I caught a smidge of an analogy and I'll probably butcher it, but here goes:
Basically the comparison was to things that get dirty and how instead of sitting there and trying to pick up every tiny little piece of dirt to make it clean again, it's easier to just wash the dirt away with water and to keep doing that until it was clean again.
And the analogy is that when our life gets dirty like this, it's pointless to sit there and try to pull out all the tiny little things that are making it a mess, but if we instead flush our life out with something pure and clean (this being God of course) that it becomes much easier to clean the mess.
So instead of making myself crazy with trying to fix all the little tiny things that I can't seem to fix, EVER, the same things I've been trying to fix and clean up for years and that have been dragging me down for just as long, it's time to start flushing my life with things are good and then maybe I can finally clean it all up.
6 comments:
Wow, that was intense! I hope you can get through it - you're such an amazing person ;-)
Wow Ash that was great. I needed to hear that analogy. I things get better. Love ya.
yes, things do get better when you stop "trying" to make them better. and remember, there are millions of people out there that wish they had "things" to clean up, if you know what i mean. you are 100X better off than most, and you should be grateful for that!!
(as if i'm some sort of expert :)
I have thought about your post all week. It really makes sense and is helpful. love you!
Hope you are doing better. :)
Post a Comment