Sometimes in life we are sent obstacles that have the potential to destroy us...and not only ourselves as individuals but our families, marriages, friendships and even our faith.
Sometimes in life these obstacles sent to destroy us can turn out to be a turning point. A pivotal moment that makes us question EVERYTHING, families, marriages, friendships and yes, even faith.
I was recently presented with one such obstacle, a moment, a split second where my life could take a turn that could define me for eternity. At that moment I heard my Heavenly Father whisper in my ear exactly what I would do with this moment and I will let it define me in a way that makes me proud to be a Child of God.
I'm very proud of my husband for the love that he has shown me and my children in the last few weeks as we figured out how to deal with a new way of living and thinking. He is vital to the well being of my family, both spiritually and physically and he surprised me with his strength and his ability to remain on the right path no matter how hard it will be for us.
I'm still at a loss most of the time as to how to be the best I need to be for my family and my children but I know that for now there are two things I know for certain.
1. My husband loves me and my children and only wants the best for us.
2. My Heavenly Father loves me and my children and only wants the best for us.
As long as I remember those two things, everything will be okay. No matter what happens today, tomorrow, or for the rest of our short time on this earth, we know who we are, we know what is true and so does Heavenly Father and really, nothing else matters.
4 comments:
Thanks for that post. I love your perspective. Often I feel ashamed that my trials often make me question even yes my faith at times. I love that you could admit that. I often feel like a failure if I question those things but I suppose without the questioning at times we just take it all for granted. I love you too and know that Heavenly Father will continue to bless you.
Love you honey! Don't know what is going on...but thought I should let you know.
Awesome post! Thanks for sharing it!
Oh man, I needed that! Thanks for reminding us that obstacles are apart of the plan and can make us stonger. Like a wise fish once said, "Just keep swimming..." -Dori. Love ya cuz! Now come over and get those bolts so I don't have to drive all the way out to Copa again. :)
Post a Comment