Wednesday, March 23, 2011

On a somewhat brighter note...

My friend had this on her facebook status today

"Often the deep valleys of our present will be understood only by looking back on them from the mountains of our future experience. Often we can’t see the Lord’s hand in our lives until long after trials have passed. Often the most difficult times of our lives are essential building blocks that form the foundation of our character and pave the way to future opportunity, understanding, and happiness." Dieter Uchtdorf

Reminded me of being in seminary and learning to liken scriptures and doctrine to our current lives and current situations.

I may not understand what is to be gained from my present struggles but everything happens for a reason and the Lord will never give me more than I can handle.




Now, did I mention how much I love having a baby around again?  I can hardly believe I won't ever do this again because it's just bliss!  It helps that I'm incredibly blessed when it comes to babies, calm, happy, non-colic-y babies.  I'm in big trouble down the road when I have three teenage girls but for now, motherhood doesn't get any better than this!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so glad she's such a good baby. It's nice, isn't it?

April Hardy said...

You're lucky! Autumn was a nightmare baby! My 2 babies since then have been a piece of cake compared to her. :) I love that quote! Thanks for sharing. I need to copy and tape that to my mirror.