Sunday, April 24, 2011

Mother's Love

Seeing the Easter Pageant after recently having a baby again put the whole thing in a completely different perspective.  As I watched the part where Mary sings about what her son will do someday but that tonight he was just her baby, I was sobbing (yes, pathetic). 

It made me sit back and think for a moment how I would have felt to be her.  Knowing that someday my child would have to go through the pain, suffering and sorrow that he would someday have to endure.  I kept looking at Quinn and was completely floored by not only the sacrifice of our Savior but of his mother.  What Heavenly Father had actually asked of her. 

This Easter I'm so incredibly grateful for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ but also of Mary.  She was stronger and more faithful than I can possibly imagine and made a sacrifice I can't even comprehend.

3 comments:

Moore Fun said...

That was very sweet Ash. I miss going to the pageant ever year. Thanks for sharing.

The Howell's said...

I have that sheet music somewhere. It is my favorite song of the pageant and I cry everytime. Thanks for reminding us of not only the Fathers sacrifice of this son but also of the Mothers sacrifice.

April Hardy said...

I read a book, something like Behold Thy Mother, or something like that...anyways and it was all on Marys perspective and all that was asked of her, we think she just got visited by angel, left on a donkey, delivered him in a manager, and then found him teaching in the temples...but we don't think about all the responsibility that was entailed and trusted to her in raising the Son of God, and what must've gone through her mind at times, especially telling Joseph- "hey we aren't married, but I will get pregnant...this is against our society...will you still be with me?". Yikes!! Thanks for the reminder!