Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I know I know

I keep saying, I'm busy, sorry for the lack of blogging, but that's pretty much all that's going on.

I got the girl's window valance done yesterday and one of the costumes cut out.

Caelan started dance class yesterday (yes, my mom is making fun of me for putting a two year old in dance, but we're already getting the family discount so really it wasn't much to add her in there, plus the owner said she would probably do some partial trade for Xerox printing stuff, yay for husbands!) But anyway, it was super cute and she had SOOO much fun. It's basically just a pink frilly play group so I think it's a good *seomthing* for her to do.

Ainsley is doing so much better with school. In the first week or so, for some reason her teacher kept moving her cone (the cone is where the kids meet in the morning for flag ceremony) so Ainsley started having all this anxiety about going to school and was sobbing in the morning. I took her onto the school grounds a few times and helped her get comfortable with the other teachers on the playground in the mornings, and it didn't take long for her to love school again. She is making friends that she loves to tell me about.

Work is a bit crazy, but I'm taking on the extra to help pay for Disneyland for Christmas (which I can't stop thinking about, I am SO excited!)

We're also really busy decorating, one room at a time. We painted the girls' room Saturday, got their quilts on the bed finally (my mom bought them months ago) and now the valance is done. I found some headboards on craigslist for $25 too, so off to pick those up this week and the room should be just about done. Next on the list will be Jorden's room and the girls' bathroom.

Jim's boss is in town this week, so I'm not really seeing him much, between lunches and meetings and presentations and clients, but it's giving me a chance for some major work catch up today since Ainsley will be at school and Caelan will be at her friend's house for a couple hours.

Sunbeams is still going okay. I'm still a little frustrated with the whole situation of it all, but I guess it is what it is.

We're heading up north this weekend for my cousin Macey's wedding that will be a nice break from the heat and to snuggle me some baby Hunter (yes I love Kassie just as much, just so you all know, but he's a boy and since I have no boys, he's my favorite so neener neener)

Gotta get Ainsley off to school here in a bit, but hopefully this was substantial enough a blog entry to keep you all satisfied for a few more days.

Off to grow my mother heart! (have you had your visiting teaching lesson this month? LOL)

3 comments:

Serin said...

I wanna see pictures of the house!

Cae must be SO cute in dance ... wanna see pictures of that too :p

Hanna said...

Woah, yeah - where are Cae Cae tutu pics??? :p I can't wait to hear about the wedding. I bet it will be fun. Love ya!

Mimi said...

I feel like such a fool. I keep checking on your blog and no entries, I was a little worried...until I realized. Duh, I HAVE the new blog address but I marked the old one instead in bookmarks. Hi!