I went to my favorite generic-answer-to-your-problem website www.babycenter.com and was reading about nightmares because of Caelan's screaming lately only to realize she isn't having nightmares at all, she's having night terrors...it's seriously weird and scares the crap out of me.
Not because it's so scary when she does it but it's just so abrupt that the house will be totally silent and then all of a sudden she is screaming bloody murder in the other room and the insane mom that I am has a thousand ridiculous scenerios going through my head as I run to her room (think intruder, black widow spider, head caught between the bed rails, you know, usually mommy fears)
The other night she came into my room in the middle of the night and laid down next to my bed on the floor to sleep and somewhere around 1am she screams like someone is breaking her legs in half, I about had a heart attack! And then she just goes back to sleep...crazy weird.
8 comments:
Alexis has done that...freaks me out too.
Yikes! Did you get any suggestions for help with that?
my friends little boy has had them for months. she said they have gotten less and less as time went on. but multiple times at night.
so awful. and they usually don't remember it.
bella had night terrors last year. they are more common than most people think. and yes, they do go away! there's just "no sleep til brooklyn" in the meantime!
Ok, this has nothing to do with your post, but I wanted to thank you for your comment you left. I really do value your opinion and completely trust and respect your advice, so I wanted to thank you for it, it really does make me feel better.
I love you!
these are 2 of our favorites for dinner: my spin on spagetti, and rhodes dough fry bread.
Chicken schetti: 4 to 6 chicken tenderloins frozen and rinsed. Place Them down in a warm pan with Olive oil, throw in 1 or 2 chopped garlic cloves, and fry up.(I usually through in some more seasoning, like garlic salt or onion powder or Italian seasoning.) I do it till the outside is nice and toasty looking, then take 1 or 2 cans of stewed tomatoes(depending on how much sauce you like) and and toss that in. Then put the lid on and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until the chicken just kinda falls apart when you try to cut it. Once all is done pour it over spaghetti or your favorite pasta, the tri-color pasta is good. If you like thicker sauce you can add a can of tomato paste. I've added all kinds of veggies to it before too, like carrots and zucchini or squash. Very yummy dinner.
And I'm sure you've done the fry bread before, just Rhodes Dough thawed and fried up. Put beans and beef on top and honey and sugar for dessert. Yum, I want that BAD!!!!! It's almost too bad I have so many awesome ward members and friends bringing me dinner. Maybe I can convince one of them to make some fry bread. ;)
I used to have night terrors as a kid and Britney had them briefly, too. They are scary as anything, but they usually don't stick around for long.
I noticed that William gets them when he runs on less sleep. He got them a lot (and long- up to 5 min of not calming down and sleep talking) when we transitioned him out of his naps. Dr. Sears mentioned it as well that a lack of sleep will tricker them more. I am so sorry and your interrupted sleep as well.
Post a Comment