Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's your birthday shout hurray!

What a day.

She's five.

I spent the entire day cleaning, decorating, cooking, and entertaining, and I did not get one moment to sit and enjoy what yesterday really meant to the both of us.

I'm ready to swear off birthday parties all together.

At the end of the day I was exhausted (I went to bed at 8:30 last night), Ainsley was on toy overload, and my house is a disaster.

I had to deal with family and friends comments on how she was spoiled, and I didn't even her anything. Nope, it's all Jim's family that does this. It's almost like they have this huge competition to see who can spend the most money on the children in the family and I ended up almost embarrassed by the time the last few presents showed up.

Next year I'm telling them there is no party and to give her a savings bond for college.

You think I'm kidding?

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Sorry to hear it wasn't what it should've been. Big hugs! Happy belated birthday, Ainsley!

Ashley said...

Haha just happy birthday....not belated :)

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Ainsley!

How can our girls be *5*?

Also, I want to see that little picture of her with her arm pointing up...

Unknown said...

What? That is terrible, they should keep their comments to themself instead of ruining her party. Happy birthday Ainsley and you can spoiled if you want to your mom and dad had to wait for you to join them and so you deserve it!

Nash said...

I keep forgetting to check this blog. I need to add it.
Maybe once she is in school she won't feel the need to hit. She will rid herself of all her wrongdoings there and come home a perfect pleasant child.
that is how my sweet avery comes home now...............shah right!
more crabby, easily irritated and ready to crash.....and starving.
why do we have to use punctuation it's so hard when i am on my bed to worry about such nonsense well the apostrophe is easy but thats all

5littlenordstroms said...

Happy belated birthday Ainsley. We love you even if you are spoiled. Birthday's only come once a year so enjoy it.